The Kaiko Spikey fidget has been an instant favourite! It provides firm and textured sensory feedback when rolled up and down the finger. It is touted to have remedial benefits, stimulating acupressure points and assisting with circulation. These are stretchy, but firm, and made of a powder coated metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist and Finger Spikey fidgets are one of Kaiko’s most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self regulation.
The Kaiko Spikey helps not only with self-regulation, but also with calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours. It is particularly good for those that pick at their skin, fingernails and clothing, as the 'bitey' sensation stimulates in a similar way without the harm. Kaiko, have also had a number of customers report it being ‘helpful in reducing pain, swelling & disturbed sensation in fingers’. Please consult your treating clinician regarding their use for your specific condition.
Kaiko have had amazing feedback regarding this tool. Especially for those who live with anxiety. They have also had particularly good feedback from those who pick or self-harm. Customers who have bought the Wrist Spikey Fidget have told Kaiko it has been the best tool as it provides 'ouch' without damaging the skin. Of course, the Spikey Fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
Some ways to use the spikey...
- Roll up and down the finger. It can be rolled using the same hand or alternate hand.
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Place on finger and twist around applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self-harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help.
Please note, if wearing the Spikey for any period of time, it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it is not compromising circulation.
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with:
- Supporting mental health and reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation and sensory input
- Focus and concentration – great for a study or work tool
- Tactile awareness and desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength and circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening – can increase focus and attention
- Reducing undesirable habits – such as: nail biting, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking, leg bouncing, smoking, etc
- Sensory seeking substitutions – finding a more socially acceptable outlet for sensory preferences
Kaiko affectionately refer to this one as the “coriander of fidgets” - you either love or hate it.
Check out its “big brother” Wrist Spikey.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes
- Expandable carbon steel metal material